Meteorological data ressources
Meteorological data resources
This page lists important Federal meteo products and some Cantonal resources.
Time series (Swiss Federal resources)
- MeteoSwiss Station data to be downloaded via Idaweb (requires an account)
- For EPFL members, the data can also be downloaded via climap server, reference person for EPFL is Nicolas Dubois.
- Information on the network of automatic MeteoSwiss stations, SwissMetNet, is available here.
- Map of all meteo stations: a data base of all meteorological stations is available in xls format in the hydrological Atlas (state 2005), see here (but attention: cantonal stations are probably not all included).
- For gridded data: see description on MeteoSwiss page ("données spatiales", here)
- Distribution at EPFL: via http://epflgeodata.epfl.ch/data/MeteoSwiss/ for accredited members (one per lab)
- Distribution at UNIL: no agreement so far.
Climatological maps (Swiss Federal resources)
- Some gridded average climatological data (maps, no time series) available from the swiss hydrological Atlas (e.g. evaporation, mean annual precipitation)
Extreme value analysis (Swiss Federal resources)
- MeteoSwiss has an online database of extreme precipitation analysis, here.
Cantonal ressources (very incomplete):
- Canton de Vaud: http://www.vhv.ch/